5 More Ways to Improve Mood
- Read inspirational quotes. Each and every day, there are loads of inspirational quotes on Facebook. I think there is even an app to have the sent to you, if you happen to need that.
- Realize that each day is a gift, and that tomorrow is never guaranteed. I have a friend who has had a brain aneurysm years ago, but she is always so happy. I questioned her about that, and here’s what she told me: “Because I have had an aneurysm, I’m much more likely to have another one, which would kill me, totally out of the blue, with no warning. I’m not gonna waste my time or energy being unhappy or angry about something just because someone cut me off in traffic.” A little morbid, I think, but when I think about how amazing and unbelievable that I can do all the things I do, it makes every day seem like a good day.
- Make an effort to go the extra mile. Be altruistic. I have recently come to the realization that when there’s someone not pulling his own weight, I tend to get a little resentful. I can overcome this feeling by really making an effort to do more than my share. By making a point of doing something for someone else, I’m able to change my thinking from resentment to that of joy. Thanks, Anne.
- Google happiness. Peruse through some of the images. It’s almost impossible to keep from smiling at some of them. I suppose you can also look at another search engine, but it’s really up to you.
- Watch what you eat. If you eat only fast food and Twinkies for dinner, you will feel like crap. Last summer, I did just the opposite and had kale smoothies for a few days. For three days bananas, kale, apples and strawberries were the only things I was eating, or drinking, rather. I felt amazing! It gave me a boost to the immune system and it cleaned me out. I’ve never eaten that much fiber in three days in my life. And yes, it does turn green.
Well, these are a few more ways to improve your mood, and if you know of any others, please tell me about them! Remember, you are the only one completely responsible for your own happiness.